Clinical Studies

 Many thanks to Dr. Andrew Campbell for this important and informative information.  Dr. Campbell treated mold victims for over 20 years, and has done much research on the effects of exposure to toxigenic molds/mycotoxins.  Dr. Campbell is retired from active practice.

While there have been many clinical studies regarding the health effects of exposure to toxigenic molds and mycotoxins, it is my opinion that a.  these studies have been disregarded by most medical professionals, and b. more research needs to be conducted, particularly in areas regarding mycoplasma co-infections and heavy metal toxicity preventing or lessening effectiveness of treatment; biotoxin pathway deficiencies and specific genetic factors contributing to possible inability to “detox” properly; and the link between  toxigenic mold exposure and chronic lyme.  Mycotoxins are known to cause immune system damage with NK and/or T cells being affected, leaving the body vulnerable for chronic infection from fungus, viruses, bacteria, and parasites.   I believe anyone diagnosed with chronic lyme should be tested for mycotoxin exposure and anyone affected by mycotoxins should be tested for chronic lyme and other coinfections.    Please see the section on this website titled “Health Information” regarding the above. 

If you are a physician, I strongly urge you to access the various and numerous readily available online sites regarding health effects of exposure to toxigenic molds and mycotoxins, which affect every bodily system and function and can lead to toxic injury, disease, chronic illness, and death.

Clinical information can be found on PUBMEDThe International Journal of Hygiene and Environmental Health, The Institute for Molecular Medicine,  National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Center for Disease Control, and many other medical resources.